Become a speaker
We’re inviting everybody who works in the intersection of activism, political accountability and new technologies in Southeast Europe, to submit a proposal for a short (up to 15 min) presentation about their work in the field.
If you’re an activist developing a project related to the use of new technologies in fields of government accountability monitoring and/or open data, or if you want to share a story about a success of technology-related project(s) of civil society, or about the use of new technologies for advocacy or monitoring different branches of government — we would love to have you on the stage and get to know more about your experiences.
You can propose a presentation by fulfilling the short form, please note that the working language of the conference is English and we do not provide translations.
- The proposed presentation can’t be longer than 15 minutes. If you have an idea for a longer session, please contact us at [email protected]
- The organizers cover the travel and accommodation costs for all the speakers
- The deadline for submission is 25th of March for participants coming from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro & Serbia and 15th of March for participants coming from Kosovo. After that we will publish the list of accepted proposals and we will contact all the submitters.
- The conference working language is English, so your presentation needs to be in English too.
- POINT 6.0 (Political responsibility and new technologies) conference will be held from 24th till 28th of May in Sarajevo
What is the POINT 6.0 Conference (and why is it worth coming)?
POINT Conference (Political Accountability and New Technologies) is a project of ACTION SEE regional network that comes out of growing need of the organizations in the region that work on accountability and transparency of governments to share experiences and learn about different initiatives around the world.
The participation at the POINT conference offers possibility of learning about initiatives in the region and the world that are involved in political accountability projects, open data in democracy, technology tools for transparency and accountability, current events and the impact of technology.
POINT is a great place for networking and potential cooperation with some of more than 200 participants that visit the conference annually and it also offers peer to peer learning during the workshops and bunch of entertainment during the POINT fun night program.
POINT conference is organized by Regional Network ActionSEE created by CA Why not (Zašto ne) from BiH, Center for Research on Transparency and Accountability (CRTA) from Serbia, Metamorphosis Foundation from Macedonia, and Center for Democratic Transition (CDT) from Montenegro.
If you have any questions, feel free to send us an e-mail at [email protected]