With the second day of the conference in progress, we are already thinking about the program for tomorrow which changed due to the floods. On the third day of the #POINT30 conference we will focus on hands on workshops devoted to the flood relief: we will build up and launch a site dedicated to connecting people in need, providing reliable information about the recent developments and holding people accountable as well as simply calling for help.
We will start at 10:30 tomorrow with the presentation on “Communications between Institutions and Citizens” from Michael Slaby,digital strategy expert of Barack Obama election campaigns. Make sure to wake up in time to see it! Then we will follow with some art: opening of the “Museum-of-Fucked-up-ness” exhibition and a presentation of Zombijana Tweet POINT 3.0 Drawings.
The core of tomorrow though, will be a slote of 5 workshops devoted to building up support tools for the flood relief. Workshops will start at 12:30 and run for two hours. Think about where can you help the most and please, join!
- Ardian Haxha, Drinor Selmanaj of FLOSSK Kosovo along with Victor Nitu and Ioana Cristea from Ceata Foundation, Romania, will run a session on “Security and Privacy”.
- Feđa Kulenović will focus on “Data Crunching and Munching”
- Taylor Braun-Dorrel from Elva Community in Georgia will present and test how “Elva Community Tools” could be of use in the current floods situation in the region
- Chris Albon from Ushahidi will run a session on “Crowdmapping”
- Agata Jalosinska from TechSoup will run a session devoted to filling the flood relief site (about to launch) with content. We are calling for all translators, graphic designers and bloggers to help launch the site asap.
- Friedhelm Weinberg from Huridocs will be talking to you about “Building Your Casebox – managing information for action”.
Don’t miss tomorrow! It is supposed to rain anyways. And we need your help!